What Did You Learn?
Consider what you have learned about assessment practices from Professor Au's comments, the classroom examples, and the activities in this session. Write a summary what you have learned. Use the questions below to guide your thinking. When you have finished, save your written work to submit as an assignment and, if you are taking this workshop for credit, include it in your Literacy Practices Portfolio.
- Which classroom assessment practices most closely reflect what you do or would like to do?
- What are the challenges you face in implementing effective classroom assessment?
- What changes will you make to address those challenges?
- How can you prepare your students for high-stakes testing within your curriculum and instruction goals?
- How will you use the ideas from this workshop to improve your assessment of students' literacy learning?
If you are taking this workshop for credit, complete the next section of the Literacy Practices Portfolio.