What Did You Learn?
Consider what you have learned about teaching new literacies from Professor Leu's comments, the classroom examples, and the readings and activities in this session. Write a summary of what you have learned. Use the questions below to guide your thinking. When you have finished, save your written work to submit as an assignment and, if you are taking this workshop for credit, include it in your Literacy Practices Portfolio.
- Which ideas from the video reflect what you are currently doing to integrate technology with your literacy instruction?
- What questions do you have about these ideas with respect to meeting the needs of all of your students?
- How will you change your instructional practices to include the use of technology and the Internet in your literacy and content-area curriculum?
- What professional development and/or resources will you need in order to make these changes?
- What ideas do you have for grouping students so they will have equal access to technology in the classroom?
If you are taking this workshop for credit, complete the next section of the Literacy Practices Portfolio.