What Did You Learn?
Think about what you have learned about comprehension instruction from Professor Duke's comments and the classroom examples. Write a summary of what you have learned. Use the questions below to guide your thinking. When you have finished, save your written reflection to submit as an assignment and, if you are taking this workshop for credit, include it in your Literacy Practices Portfolio.
- Which ideas from the video struck you as most relevant to your teaching of comprehension?
- What questions from your chart were answered after watching the video?
- What classroom practices might you change or modify?
- What new instructional practices will you implement in your classroom?
- How will you use the ideas presented in this video to improve the comprehension of your struggling readers?
If you are taking this workshop for credit, complete the next section of the Literacy Practices Portfolio.