In Search of the Novel:Teacher-TalkNovel
Subject: Re: Diary of Anne FrankFrom: Barbara Patch (Barbara.Patch@valley.net)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 14:50:53 EDT
- Next message: Julia Shugert: "To: Barbara Patch"
- Previous message: Melissa Cheung: "Diary of Anne Frank"
- Maybe in reply to: Melissa Cheung: "Diary of Anne Frank"
- Next in thread: Judy Delain: "Re: Diary of Anne Frank"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
My children read THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK in seventh grade. It was a unit in
Language Arts on the holocaust. At the same time their Social Studies class
was studying World War 2. The combination was very powerful.
The Language Arts instructor also worked in a poetry unit. We had two
evening programs of students reading the poetry that has been written and
the poetry they wrote about that terrible time in our history.
At 02:29 PM 05/17/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi! When do your students read THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK? Do you
>do a cross-curricular unit with social studies?