In Search of the Novel:Teacher-TalkNovel
Subject: Re: QuestionFrom: Julia Shugert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 17:37:05 EST
- Next message: Andrea Martine: "Re: Questions"
- Previous message: Andrea Martine: "Re: Question"
- Maybe in reply to: Andrea Martine: "Question"
- Next in thread: Stimson, Linda: "RE: Question"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
I feel that we should allow them to enjoy the novel at times. Douglas
really connected to TOM SAWYER, although he never read a word of it
himself. Kirsten had read the excerpt to her class and definitely hooked
them. Even though they didn't analyze the novel, Douglas was able to
take my seventh graders' test and do quite well. I think that has a lot
to do with his prior training. His elementary teachers did a great job
of helping students evaluate novels for plot, setting, characterization,
etc. at the students' levels.
What books has your daughter had read to her?