In Search of the Novel:Teacher-TalkNovel
Subject: Re: QuestionsFrom: CHRISTINA REGISTER-CHAPPELL (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 09:49:40 EST
- Next message: Andrea Martine: "Re: Technology Response"
- Previous message: Margaret Hagemeister: "Re: censorship"
- Maybe in reply to: Betsy Scheidemantel: "Questions"
- Next in thread: Stimson, Linda: "RE: Questions"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
I found Song of Solomon hard to get through myself. I teach 12th
grade honors and I would not force that one on my students. They
have, thus far, enjoyed The Color of Water and Memoirs of a Geisha;
they are currently reading I Know This Much is True. I find that
these open up just as many opportunities for discussion, but are more
enjoyable to read.
North Myrtle Beach High School