In Search of the Novel:Teacher-TalkNovel
Subject: Re: QuestionsFrom: Margaret Freeman (MargaretF@darlington.k12.sc.us)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 17:20:53 EST
- Next message: Cindy O'Donnell-Allen: "Re: Questions"
- Previous message: Cindy O'Donnell-Allen: "Re: Questions"
- Maybe in reply to: Betsy Scheidemantel: "Questions"
- Next in thread: Cindy O'Donnell-Allen: "Re: Questions"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
In Darlington, SC Song of Solomon is on the approved reading list of HONORS level SENIORS....most often this is required summer reading...to my knowledge, no one has complained about the novel being on the reading list.....however, we have in place a policy that automatically allows a student/parent to request an alternate that suits them better...
>>> "Betsy Scheidemantel" <firstname.lastname@example.org> 03/20/00 10:13AM >>>
I have some questions regarding "Song of Solomon". Do you feel that this
would be an appropriate novel to add to a high school reading list? I found
it a very long read and some of the content no appropriate for high school
students. I would be hard pressed to recommend this to any of my students.
Please let me know how you feel about this story.
Betsy Lehman Scheidemantel