In Search of the Novel:Teacher-TalkNovel
Subject: Re: QuestionsFrom: ATHENAN418@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 17:00:14 EST
- Next message: Srshreve@aol.com: "Re: Questions"
- Previous message: Karla Hammond: "Re: Questions"
- Maybe in reply to: Julia Shugert: "Questions"
- Next in thread: Srshreve@aol.com: "Re: Questions"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
None of my parents have complained about Harry Potter, but that's probably
because I teach secondary students and we have not read Harry Potter.
Although, I am seriously considering teaching it next year as a low level,
high interest reading piece.
However, my daughter is a third grader who has read all of Harry Potter's
books. In my personal opinion, as an English teacher, I do not see anything
wrong and truly do not believe the series should be censored.
If you like, I could ask my daughter's teacher if she has had any complaints
and if so, how she has handled them. Let me know before Saturday morning 7am