In print . . .
- The Elements of Style, Third Edition by William Strunk Jr., E.B. White
- Adios, Strunk and White: A Handbook for the New Academic Essay, Second Edition by Gary Hoffman, Glynis Hoffman
- Sin and Syntax: How to Craft Wickedly Effective Prose by Constance Hale
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th Edition by University of Chicago Press Staff
- Woe Is I: The Grammarphobe's Guide to Better English in Plain English by Patricia T. O'Conner
- The Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law by Norm Goldstein (Editor), Associated Press, Louis D. Boccardi, The Associated Press
- Dos, Don'ts and Maybes of English Usage by Theodore M. Bernstein
- Modern American Usage: A Guide by Wilson Follett, Erik Wensberg
- The Handbook of Good English by Edward Johnson
- Lapsing into a Comma by Bill Walsh
- The Grammar Lady: How to Mind Your Grammar in Print and in Person by Mary Newton Bruder
On line . . .
Download Article (PDF)
Back to "In the Classroom" main page