- Who will read your writing?
- In what context will they read or hear the piece you are writing? (school newspaper, online, oral presentation, etc.)
- What kind of writing does this audience expect? (level, vocabulary, length, etc.)
- What is the basic message you want to give them?
- What opinions might the audience already have about this message?
- How much detail do you think they will want to know about your subject?
- Which pieces of information in your writing will be the most interesting to them?
- How do you expect the audience to react to your writing?
Back to "In the Classroom" main page