| || || || |
| || || |
Watching the Video
Before You Watch
Respond to the following questions.
- What is the science behind dance?
- How can dance influence the way the human and animal muscle structure is viewed in science class?
- What role could the arts play in a unit about frog and human anatomies?
- What advantages might there be to participating in your collaborator's class?
Watch the Program
As you watch, note how actively Noël participates in Burl's science classes, and vice versa. How does this participation inform their teaching? How does it influence how they relate to the students, and to the integrated instructional content? Write down what you find interesting, surprising, or especially important about their collaboration.
Error - unable to load content - Flash
Reflect on the Program
- How did the debate about a frog's attempt to join the ballet deepen the students' understanding of anatomy and dance?
What evidence did you see that students were able to apply what they were learning?
- How did the debate make it possible for students who don’t express themselves well in class to organizing ideas and construct persuasive arguments?
- How did the debate's structure make it possible for quieter students to speak up?
NEXT: Connecting to Your Teaching
| || || || |
| | | |
© Annenberg Foundation 2013. All rights reserved. Legal Policy