In the Images of World Literature slideshow, you saw images inspired by One Hundred Years of Solitude. Here at Connections, you can find varied interpretations, analyses, and performances of the story of the Buendias and Macondo.
- An audiobook read by the acclaimed actor F. Murray Abraham comes with a study guide.
- A web page of information about film versions of Márquez's works.
- American guitarist Bill Frisell included a song inspired by and titled "Remedios the Beauty" on his 1988 album Lookout for Hope.
- American composer Roger Reynolds's 1979 multimedia electroacoustical work "Voicespace: Eclipse" uses text on slides from One Hundred Years of Solitude.
- Venezuelan musician Juan Vicente Torrealba wrote a merengue called "Macondo."
- Colombian artist Pedro Villalba Ospina has created illustrations inspired by the novel. An article about his work and a video interview are available at http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/colombia/100107/gabriel-garcia-marquez-artist