In the Images of World Literature slideshow, you saw images inspired by The Odyssey. Here at Connections, you can find modern interpretations, analyses, and performances of Odysseus' story. (See the translations and editions page for links to these.)
- Contempt — 1963 Jean-Luc Godard movie centered on a screenwriter trying to make a film adaptation of The Odyssey.
- Ulysses — 1951 movie starring Kirk Douglas.
- O Brother Where Art Thou? — A Coen brothers movie that retells the story of The Odyssey in the American South in the 1920s. Tim Blake Nelson, a speaker in the video, appears in this film.
- Ulysses 31 — Ulysses in space in this 1981 cartoon series by Bernard Deyries and Kyosuke Mikuriya.
- "A Black Odyssey" is a collection of collages by Romare Bearden. http://aculturalkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/2008/02/nylons-identity-crisis.html for details.
- Director Peter Hinton discusses bringing Derek Walcott's Odyssey to the stage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4tWppSngPQ
- Symphony X — This band released a 21-minute musical interpretation of The Odyssey.
- "Calypso" — A song by American singer/songwriter Suzanne Vega.