In the Images of World Literature slideshow, you saw ancient images inspired by The Epic of Gilgamesh. Here at Connections, you can find modern interpretations, analyses, and performances of the Gilgamesh story.
- An excerpt of the "Darmok" episode, from Star Trek: The Next Generation, broadcast in the United States on September 30, 1991, where the retelling of the Gilgamesh story facilitates communication with aliens (briefly featured in the program).
- The 2006 play “Gilgamesh” by Yusef Komunyakaa and Chad Gracia (both appear in the program)
- The Forgotten One, by Marvel Comics, with a hero named Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh II, 1989 comic book by Jim Starlin, featured in the program
- BBC radio serial of Gilgamesh at
- Izumi Ashizawa performance of Gilgamesh.
- Ludmilla Zeman, The Gilgamesh Trilogy, Tundra Books, 1998.
- Many of the world's great museums have art and artifacts relating to the Ancient Near East, including:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- The British Museum (has an image of the Flood Tablet that George Smith translated)