In the Images of World Literature slideshow, you saw images inspired by Candide. Here at Connections, you can find varied interpretations, analyses, and performances of the story of the best of all possible worlds.
- Candy, a film directed by Christian Marquand, is an adaptation of the 1968 Terry Southern novel of the same name.
- Candide, a 1956 operetta with music by Leonard Bernstein, follows the story of the book.
- See a clip of Cunégonde (played by Kristin Chenowith from the video episode) and the Old Woman (played by Patti LuPone) singing "We are Women" from Bernstein's Candide.
- Optimism is a 2009 theatrical adaptation of the novel by Michael Kantor and Tom Wright. See a clip of the death of Jacques the Anabaptist.
- Download the Google Earth plug-in and recreate Candide's voyages with real maps thanks to the New York Public Library.
- See art from the general public, inspired by their readings of Candide, and gathered by the New York Public Library.