The students were asked to create story problems that result in a sum or difference of 20. You now have two tasks:
- Task 1: Make a list of five possible number sentences, each using one or more of the four operations. Include at least one multi-step problem.
- Task 2: Pose a real-life situation for each of your number sentences.
After you've had some time to do this on your own, go to the Interactive Activity. As you work on this activity, follow these guidelines:
- Imagine a sample successful student response for each question.
- Think about how you would help your students understand how to solve the problem. Jot down phrases that will help you remember your ideas.
- Consider the communication purpose of this problem.
Reflect on this problem