So, what have you done in this session?
- In Part A, you observed communication in action as a middle school classroom tackled the Fraction Tracks game.
- In Part B, you explored your own communication abilities with the Shaded/Unshaded Circles problem and the Cuisenaire Rods activities.
- In Part C, the Communication Standard was defined, and you looked at a variety of communication methods that you can use with your students.
- In Part D, you applied what you had learned in the session so far by solving the Location Graphs problem, watching students solve it, and thinking about how you would teach it in your own classroom.
- In Part E, you wrote your own lesson plan as a way to evaluate what you had learned.
But of course, things wouldn't be complete without another -- you guessed it! -- journal. This final journal is different, however, and will mark your completion of the session.
Completing your journal